What to pack before leaving for a weekend or a week sailing holiday?
A question that is often asked especially when dealing with a holiday of this kind for the first time. Many times you realize that most of the things that were packed could stay at home, and instead, you forgot something that would be useful.
This is why below we want to give some hints to better face the weekend/week without getting too heavy:
- never use rigid suitcases; much better a gym bag or a gym bag that once emptied can be folded and stored in every corner
- sleeping bag summer or winter depending on the season (if you do not need sheets)
- a pair of shoes with clear rubber sole new or otherwise clean (to be used only on board) in spring and autumn – in summer you are walking barefoot
- a pair of shoes for when you go down to the ground
- sunglasses and sunglasses
- sun cream to avoid sunburn
- hat for sun and cold
- beach towel
- two/five t-shirts
- two/three bermuda shorts
- a pair of long pants
- a heavy sweatshirt
- a little sweater
- a wax or windproof jacket in case of bad weather
- bathing costumes
- set for personal cleaning
- a piece of soap to wash dirty clothes
Most of the time in the boats lacks 220 V power, especially if you are sailing. It may therefore be difficult to charge electronic devices (mobile phones, iPad, e-reader…). It would be useful to have a portable battery charger or a car battery charger for mobile phones only.